The specialty in internal medicine has as general objective the training suitable specialists in the field of the internal medicine, that includes the integral attention to the adult and senescent; in the aspects of diagnostic identification, Inter Therapeutic, rehabilitation and prevention; With scientific, theoretical and practical knowledge, with the best possible evidence, for the professional practice in the outpatient, hospital and research field, guiding its activity to the health needs of the country.
Professionals with a third level terminal in the area of medicine, awarded by a national or foreign university, recognized in the list of Senescyt, who have fulfilled their time of rural medicine (national).
title to be awarded
Once approved the academic, assistance, administrative requirements, defended the work of qualification and have published by year of study two (2) Articles of investigation and/or participated in Congresses as speakers in Related topics With the postgraduate course, the student will obtain the title of specialist in internal medicine.
Student Profile When graduating
- identify, diagnose, and treat acute and chronic pathologies of adolescents, adults and senescent, with special emphasis on those that constitute the epidemiological profile of the country.
- demonstrate skills, skills, knowledge, attitudes and skills by making appropriate decisions and appropriate measures, respecting the right to universal care and solidarity.
- coordinate decisions in the hospital environment and adequate communication with other specialists, to ensure adequate intervention to patients with complex pathologies or with need for multidisciplinary management.
- provide adequate and timely care to patients with chronic illnesses and their co-morbidities; with systemic illnesses or uncertain health problems.
- understand the differential diagnosis of common symptoms, diseases prevalent in the hospital and out-of-hospital areas; Needs in the pre, trans and post-operative field.
- perform the basic technical procedures that a patient may need in the different services.
- coordinate the different diagnostic and therapeutic procedures with multidisciplinary teams.
- to reflect critically on medical practice in general and internal medicine in particular, and address issues of specialty in a systematic manner.
- to carry out the monitoring, monitoring, control and evaluation of the patients in the research process, with the capacity of critical analysis.
- Develop study habits, autoformation and responsibility for the exercise of their investigative skills.
- to promote in its clinical practice the application of the national health policies related to the medical care.
- to guide your professional practice towards health promotion and preventive care.
- demonstrate its commitment to learning and critical analysis of medical information and its application to patient care.
- participate in management processes in the areas and medical services of the specialty, promoting the generation of knowledge and health technologies in the context of the dialogue of knowledge, interculturalism, the gender approach and respect To the rights of good living.
The teachers of this program are professionals with degrees of fourth level and a wide domain and experience in the area to dictate.
Type of studies
The modality of study of the postgraduate is in person and of dedication exclusively to the program. The student must file an affidavit of not having a working relationship with any organization.