Description of the program
Sustainable development creates environmental challenges related to the efficient use of resources, and the polluting effect of industrial and domestic waste. The purpose of Environmental Engineering is to prevent, diminish and correct those impacts generated by human activities. This discipline is oriented to reconcile human activities with the environment, and seek technical solutions to real problems in the environment. The program have a face-to-face modality and its duration is 8 semesters, all its professors are of 4th academic level, and its learning model is practical, based on research, links with the community and entrepreneurship.
Program Educational Objectives
UEES expects the following from the graduates of the Environmental Engineering program within five years of graduation, have:
- Managed projects for the solution of environmental problems according to the economic, social and environmental reality, and that are consistent with the sustainable development goals.
- Designed and implemented processes for the regulation, monitoring and control of environmental quality, complying with national and international standards of current regulations.
- Reached communication and team work skills, which will allow them to play important roles within multidisciplinary organizations.
- Continued their professional training with the completion of continuing education courses, postgraduate studies, specialization and/or professional certifications.
- Promoted innovation and entrepreneurship initiatives within the business environment.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Curriculum - Environmental Engineering