| ADMISSION CHECK LIST
- Submit application form and documents to the Center for International Education.
These papers must be at CEI at least forty days before program starts.
• Application for Admission
• Housing Questionnaire
• Two Letters of Recommendation
• Medical Information Form
• Liability Release
• Student Conduct Agreement
• Statement of Purpose (300-400 words max)
• Proof of Travel Insurance or ISIC Card (US only)†
• Spanish Placement Test‡
• Internship/Volunteering Questionnaire (where relevant)
• Passport copy
• Application Fee (US$50)*
- Upon being admitted, you will receive the following:
• Pre-Departure Orientation Information
If you are applying to a program that is longer than 90 days, after receiving the acceptance letter, please obtain a student visa with the Certificate and your passport in the closest Ecuadorian Consulate in your country of residence.
After obtaining a student visa, inform us of your travel plans.
Payment must be made in advance of arrival. Please see CEI Refund Policy.
†Insurance policy must be valid for the length of student's stay and sufficient to cover emergency evacuation and repatriation of remains.
• Certificate of Eligibility (Acceptance Letter)
• Pre-Departure Health Information
• What to Pack List
• Suggested Reading List
• Information on Visas
• Information on Homestay Family
• Information on Volunteer Project**
‡The Universidad Espiritu Santo reserves the right to place students in the appropriate Spanish
level dependent on ability and not student preference.
*Waived for students participating through official university affiliation programs with UEES.
**UEES encourages participants to raise funds for the volunteer project. Recommended amount $50-100, which will go directly to the NGO chosen by UEES.